Friday, February 29, 2008

Shop Logo

Got a bit of news today about the logo I had designed for my shop. It seems it has been picked and printed in The Big Book of Logos 5. This is the 3rd in the series (no I have no clue why #5 instead of 3) by David Carter all of which have been in the top 1% of all books in print America in recent years. Needless to say I'm a bit surprised to say the very least.

A friend of mine who owns the graphics art studio Sayles Graphic Design did the work. As you can see from his web site he has won many awards and is a much sought after speaking and instructor. So here is my shameless plug for John and his partner Sheree Clark. Needing some simple work or over the top designs the staff can do the job. Not to mention they are great people to work with!

PTService Logo

After I received the draft of the four designs they did I posted them on the iATN forums for approval from my peers and asked which they liked. Some of the world best automotive technicians and owners are part of this group. It was split 50-50 over this design and another one of the four. The under 50 crowd liked this logo (me included) and the over 50 bunch liked the other logo. Just goes to show sometimes you just have to trust your gut.

fasthair

No comments: